Mission, Vision, Goals, and Objectives
• advocating for a transformative agenda for development and effective development cooperation by adopting a human rights-based approach that prioritises gender equality, decent work, and environmental sustainability leading to improved livelihoods of all people living in poverty or marginalised through disability or violence;
• striving to protect the gains made in Paris, Accra, and Busan in realising effective development cooperation, and reversing the harmful processes that continue to guide these agendas; and
• working to improve our own effectiveness, with a strong focus on supporting country, sub-regional, regional and sectoral civil society - combining this with coordinated regional and global work on development effectiveness.
Our Values and Principles
In our work together we will adhere to the following values: mutual respect, equity and gender equality; democratic ownership; accountability to our members and peers and transparency in all our decision-making and actions. We will adhere to the Istanbul Principles for CSO Development Effectiveness.
We envisage a world where respect for all human rights, including gender rights, participatory democracy, and economic, social and environmental justice are guaranteed, enabling effective people-centered development that ensures decent work, a peaceful world and a dignified life for all.
We give expression to this vision by:
• promoting development effectiveness and accountability in all areas of work, both our own and the work of others, including through our active engagement, as the recognised representative CSO platform, with the GPEDC; and
• addressing exclusion and oppression, especially of women and marginalised communities, and by transforming structures of power that perpetuate injustice.
We do this by:
• working together in partnership on a global scale in relation to the development effectiveness and accountability of the GPEDC;